Home Open Account Help 285 users online

Nostalgia & History > Steinheimer and Burman at work.

Date: 10/07/15 08:56
Steinheimer and Burman at work.
Author: px320

During July 4th activities on the Fillmore & Western in 1995, good friends Dick Steinheimer and Shirley Burman paid us a visit to promote Shirley's "Women in Railroading" project and to take several promo photos for our operations.

During the process I grabbed these shots of them at work in ex-RF&P Cafe-Parlor Car Powhatan​.

I'm not sure how many photos there are of these two at work so I thought I would share them.​

Date: 10/07/15 11:06
Re: Steinheimer and Burman at work.
Author: hogantunnel

Two excellent photographers and fine people. I've just been reviewing the recent Trains edition about Stein's 1974 photo essay at Cajon in Trains. Great reading and photo comparisons of today and yesterday.

Date: 10/07/15 13:13
Author: DynamicBrake

Thanks for sharing these.  What a great subject to post.  Stein and Shirley were/are two amongst the BEST ever!!

Kent in CArmel Valley

Date: 10/07/15 16:20
Author: Bob3985

What a great duo. I got to meet them once. Thanks Shirley for your support of the UP historical society.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 10/07/15 18:31
Author: Frisco1522

I met Stein in a rather awkward way.   Wife and I were in Montana chasing 4449 west out of Livingston.  For whatever reason I had the "pees" that morning and some miles out of town we saw a rest stop with a john.  I ran down there and reached the door at the same time he opened it and go whacked.   He apologized and I immediately knew who he was and told him no prolem.   And on we went.

Date: 10/07/15 21:32
Author: ProAmtrak

That's a weird way to meet a famous person, but at least he was kind and courteous, I wish I met him, just the sad part before he passed he had Alzheimer's and I really felt bad for Shirley having to take care of him no thanks to that!

Date: 10/08/15 08:26
Author: wag216

The King and the Queen of the Railway Photographers! wag216

Date: 10/09/15 09:54
Author: BoilingMan

ProAmtrak Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's a weird way to meet a famous person, but at
> least he was kind and courteous, I wish I met him,
> just the sad part before he passed he had
> Alzheimer's and I really felt bad for Shirley
> having to take care of him no thanks to that!

Kind and courteous?  No surprise- Stein was the very definition of unassuming!
SR

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0347 seconds