Home Open Account Help 381 users online

Nostalgia & History > Dispatcher CTC Training Board

Date: 05/04/16 06:35
Dispatcher CTC Training Board
Author: 19eastcopy5

Came across this CTC board and was wondering if anyone may have any info about it or photos in use. It is believed to have come from the Burlington and was used for classroom demonstration. It obviously covers a fictitious territory. From right to left, the station names are in alphabetical order, Memphis, Napier, Olympia, Pasco, Quincy, Roth, Superior, Teague, Utica, Virgil Jct., Willmar and York. Seems to have many of the territorial features a dispatcher may come across, yard, interlocking, sidings, crossovers etc. Any old dispatchers out there remember this thing? Thanks in advance.

19eastcopy5

Date: 05/06/16 11:45
Re: Dispatcher CTC Training Board
Author: cuontv

It's interesting that most of the station names used were prominent terminals on the Q.  Teague, TX was the division point on the line I worked for.

Date: 05/06/16 11:53
Author: boomer

I've been to Napier and Sterling. Cool stuff.

Posted from Android

Date: 05/06/16 19:23
Author: 19eastcopy5

So I was contacted by a former BN dispatcher who I shared the picture of the board with. He went from the Rock Island to the BN in the 80's. While breaking in he met the BN's number 2  rules man, Virgil Jurek, who was formerly off the GN he believed. He said Virgil went into the BN rules department in the 70's. While there he started the dispatcher training program in St. Paul. While he did not see the training panel while he was at BN, he felt that  "Virgil Junction" on the board, may have some connection to their rules man as there was no such place as he was aware of. He is going to attempt contact Virgil, assuming he is still with us, and see if he can shed any light on it. I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks,
19eastcopy5

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0501 seconds