Home Open Account Help 307 users online

Nostalgia & History > few from a Summer '73 jaunt . . .

Date: 05/24/16 15:55
few from a Summer '73 jaunt . . .
Author: 3rdswitch

.   .   .   Summer '73 saw me making a square shaped trip from home in LA area zig zaging to VA *corrected, sorry uncle joe :-(  up to NY to OH to IL to KS to CO before heading home. A few along the way;
​top: Back when they were still selling and railroads were still buying BRAND NEW cabooses (whats that?) a demo was bringing up the rear (almost anyway) of an eastbound Santa Fe freight at Joliet, IL.
​middle: A TPW ALCO in the middle of a TPW consist at East Peoria, IL. Dig the horn cluster on the upper edge of the shop building, what a way to be notified it's quitting time!
bottom: A trio of MP U30C's was leading a westbound out of a super banked curve east of Osawatamie, KS.
​JB

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/16 16:14 by 3rdswitch.

Date: 05/24/16 16:19
Re: few from a Summer '73 jaunt . . .
Author: retcsxcfm

Joe,
Please show me any Florida or Georgia pictures.

Thanks

Uncle Joe,Seffner,Fl.

Date: 05/24/16 17:14
Author: ShastaDaylight

Great photos! Love those MP U30C's with the big eagle on their flanks and the weird school bell below the step in front of the hoghead. They were a nice change from all the SD40's  and SD40-2's running around back in 1973...

Thanks for sharing...

ShastaDaylight 

Date: 05/26/16 07:04
Author: SP8595

Those big GE's with the Screaming Eagle were pretty dang Awesome!

Date: 05/26/16 08:27
Author: BruceStikkers

I moved near the MP line in Illinois in 1977 and also love the screaming eagles. thanks for posting.
Bruce Stikkeers
St. Joseph, IL

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0375 seconds