Home Open Account Help 381 users online

Nostalgia & History > Possible ex-Rock Island depot in Amarillo on Tradewind Street

Date: 05/24/16 21:32
Possible ex-Rock Island depot in Amarillo on Tradewind Street
Author: NMSANDRAIL

Anyone have any info on that ex-depot at 6101 Tradewind Street in Amarillo, Texas??. Some have reported that it was perhaps an ex-Rock Island depot, but where from.?.. I found no one at home to ask and the next door neighbor didn't even know it had been an ex-depot and was clueless...Anyone have any info on that ex-depot at 6101 Tradewind Street in Amarillo, Texas??. Some have reported that it was perhaps an ex-Rock Island depot, but where from.?.. I found no one at home to ask and the next door neighbor didn't even know it had been an ex-depot and was clueless...

Date: 05/25/16 07:09
Re: Possible ex-Rock Island depot in Amarillo on Tradewind Street
Author: SR2

Thanks for sharing the great picture of the Amarillo depot.   My mother rode in and out of that
facility many times when my father was stationed at the Amarillo Army Air Base.  I had never
seen a photo of it!

Date: 05/25/16 07:19
Author: NMSANDRAIL

This pictured depot is not of the Amarillo depot.. It was moved in and I am trying to find out where from..

Date: 05/25/16 07:43
Author: millerdc

Date: 05/25/16 09:32
Author: Seventyfive

Many thanks for the link to CRI&P Amarillo; what a great set of photos and info there.  
The possible depot photos are also interesting and I hope it's history is discovered.  Great thread!

Rich

Date: 05/28/16 19:41
Author: OregonOldGuy

NMSANDRAIL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This pictured depot is not of the Amarillo depot..
> It was moved in and I am trying to find out where
> from..

I have a slide of a Rock depot of this style from up in Oklahoma.  Most Rock depots in this are were of spanish or SW styles for the bigger locations.  The one wooden one I shot was near Watonga but had also been moved in there also.  All of the trackside ones were the SW style.

Rob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0308 seconds