Home Open Account Help 360 users online

Nostalgia & History > S. P. Lombard Crossing--Napa Junction Ca.

Date: 05/25/16 16:43
S. P. Lombard Crossing--Napa Junction Ca.
Author: SN1005

Lombard Crossing--Named for Napa Electric line crossing S P.

#  1    Napa Electric engine house with pit.  This is 1987 just before tearing down
as CNFR taking over.  Pit filled so CNFR had to dig a new one over at Napa Junction

#2    Fuel tank at same location.  First photo you can see Highway 29 in background.

I went by there today and saw all, the apartment houses built on the S P property near old
Wye.  So the traffic will really get bad when they all own 3 autos.???  Road to junction partially closed for construction.

Don---Napa

Date: 05/25/16 21:03
Re: S. P. Lombard Crossing--Napa Junction Ca.
Author: EtoinShrdlu

>#  1    Napa Electric engine house with pit.  This is 1987 just before tearing down
as CNFR taking over.  Pit filled so CNFR had to dig a new one over at Napa Junction

The SP caught someone dumping hazmat in the pit, cleaned it up, tore the building down, and filled in the pit. The crinkled spot in the sheet metal in the center of the LH door was caused by shoving a dead SD-45 into the building, until the air horns hit the top of the doorway.

Date: 05/26/16 07:16
Re: S. P. Lombard Crossing--Napa Junction Ca.
Author: SN1005

A wine warehouse was built on the the area where the team track was.  Maybe track still there.??

Thank you for info about damage ..!!  I did not force myself to stop by way before to take pictures.  Even when steam was operating.

Too late..

Don---Napa

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.036 seconds