Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Nostalgia & History > And the Open Gate ... - NYC 7424

Date: 05/28/16 21:25
And the Open Gate ... - NYC 7424
Author: refarkas

To enter or not to enter? That was the question. NYC 7424, 1764, 2372 sit inside the open gate at NYC's Collinwood Shops in Cleveland, Ohio most likely in 1967 or very early 1968 before PC.
Image one: The full negative.
Image two: The crop.
Since I was unable to get permission that Saturday morning, I respected NYC property and took the original image from the sidewalk. The larger 2 and 1/4 inch by 2 and 1/4 inch negative helped get a better crop.
Bob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/16 21:27 by refarkas.

Date: 05/28/16 22:12
Re: And the Open Gate ... - NYC 7424
Author: krm152

BOB:
You did the right thing.  Was just scanning some slides of mine from an outing on 10/19/1974 that included a stop by L&N's South Louisville Shops.  Shot photos from the gate just like you.  An F Unit appears in two photos; a different one in each.  I did not trespass in order to get the shots of these two units that I would have liked to have taken.
There was one railfan back in the 1970s who really managed to get some great shots in Collinwood Shops; I dont know whether or not he had permission.
ALLEN

Date: 05/29/16 11:35
Author: refarkas

When there was someone to give permission, Collinwood could be a goldmine. Still, I didn't want to trespass and be unwelcome the next time.
Bob

Date: 05/29/16 12:14
Author: ns2557

Bob, In the 2nd shot, one can clearly se what appears to be one of the ex NYC Steam Heat Cars. It would be the first behind the NYC GP35. One of these, was in Harrisburg Pa when I was really getting into taking photo's. So Probably in the early to mid 70's. I believe the one I shot was the NYC XH51. At the time I didn't know what it was, just got a shot of it. Many years later was when I found out.  I'll dig the shot out and post it perhaps next time home for me.   But, man you sure have some great shots from some hallowed grounds.  Thanks for sharing.  Ben

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0376 seconds