Home Open Account Help 259 users online

Nostalgia & History > Operating Wig Wag June 25, 2016

Date: 06/25/16 13:23
Operating Wig Wag June 25, 2016
Author: wabash2800

Today, I had to run out to the Hoosier Valley Railroad Museum in at North Judson, Indiana to drop of some of my Wabash books the gang purchased for resale. The museum is a regular customer and the books sell well there.

Anyway, with a train occupying the track awaiting departure, I photographed this wig wag. In additon to a number of differnet kinds of operating signals like position light, searchlight, color light and semaphore, including an interlocking tower and other structure, and rolling stock, this is a gem.

Sorry, I photographed it vertical format on my camera, not thinking that it would run in a horizontal format. I do not have the software to change it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/16 13:24 by wabash2800.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/25/16 18:17
Re: Operating Wig Wag June 25, 2016
Author: wigwag

They still dont have it connected to the bell. Been like that in 2012 when I was their.

Date: 06/27/16 17:33
Author: DocJones

Poor thing sounds like it's about to have a heart attack.

Have fun, be safe,
Bruce "Doc" Jones, Sierra Madre CA

Date: 08/01/16 17:48
Author: wabash2800

I talked to a friend who restored all the signals at the museum including the wigwag. It did have an operating bell until one of the members said the constant bell ringing was annoying. My friend is no longer affiliated with the museum after having a falling out. He seems to recall that he installed a knife switch that turns the bell on and and off and it could be turned on again if the museum so wished.  The wigwag is activated whenever a train is in close proximaty, particularly at the station.

wigwag Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They still dont have it connected to the bell.
> Been like that in 2012 when I was their.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/16 18:13 by wabash2800.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0399 seconds