Home Open Account Help 367 users online

Nostalgia & History > Red Rock Sub in Transition

Date: 07/19/16 18:50
Red Rock Sub in Transition
Author: BNSFDS

I've been digging through my video archives and found some footage I shot back in 1997 and 1998 while the BNSF Railway is still in transition after consumating the merger a couple of years prior.  All trains were shot on what is now the Red Rock Sub (used to be the Sooner Sub in Santa Fe days) at various locations in central and southern Oklahoma.  Please note that the quality will not be up to todays standards since it was videotaped using an RCA VHS camcorder.

Enjoy

BNSFDS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/16 18:50 by BNSFDS.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/19/16 20:02
Re: Red Rock Sub in Transition
Author: srman

Your right about todays quality video equipment however you sure can't get consist and paint schemes like those anymore. Thanks for sharing.

Date: 07/20/16 08:14
Author: ntharalson

While the locomotive consists are interesting, the two GP40X's were totally cool, I found it even more
compelling to look at the containers on the intermodal trains, and the number of "BN America",
"Santa Fe" and "BNSF" marked boxes.  Not today, BNSF is out of the business of managing this stuff.  
Plus the amount of grain moving seemed remarkable.  

Having railfanned this area several times, I tried to remember if I'd been to any of the locations.  That
shot in OKC I believe I got stabbed by a southbound, without my camera of course.  It's somewhere on
the northwest side of town.  The other spots I know about although haven't shot there.  At Davis, I usually
shot south of town.  

These were very interesting clips, thanks for posting.  

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/16 08:18 by ntharalson.

Date: 07/20/16 09:50
Author: engrbill47

"Where have all the Warbonnets gone, long time passing? Where have all the Warbonnets gobe, long time ago..." w/ apologies to Peter, Paul & Mary. Greta look back. Thanks.

William Jeffers, P.E.
San Dimas, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0533 seconds