Home Open Account Help 399 users online

Nostalgia & History > Signal Sunday - No Time for a Second Photo

Date: 07/24/16 16:15
Signal Sunday - No Time for a Second Photo
Author: refarkas

Sometimes there is only time to safely take one photo. For those who might ask why I didn't wait till NKP 765 got closer, it was respect. In a few seconds it would have been on me. Did I have the right to force the crew to have to make the decision whether to come to an emergency stop or possibly hit the "fool" who wanted his LAST photo? What about the passengers and staff? What if an emergency stop caused injuries or even possibly death? Was this or any other photo worth it? No. By stepping back immediately, I had a Kodachrome memory, and the locomotive crew, train staff, and passengers had a safe trip..
Bob
P.S. This is NKP 765 on the N&W approaching the signals at MP 123.2 near Orrville, Ohio on May 21, 1983.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/16 16:16 by refarkas.

Date: 07/24/16 17:14
Re: Signal Sunday - No Time for a Second Photo
Author: Bob3985

Great photo Bob. Thanks for posting it for all to admire.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 07/24/16 20:44
Author: MartyBernard

Bob, I bet you are really kicking yourself that you didn't take a second shot and that story is your rationalization.  Anybody agree with me?  Anyhow, in a few years I bet you had a telephoto lens and could have taken two or three even better photos from a safe distance.

Marty

Date: 07/25/16 09:30
Author: ATSF5964

You did the right thing- sometimes I cringe a little when I look at where some of my older photos were taken. Besides, it came out great!

Date: 07/26/16 16:02
Author: kevink

MartyBernard Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bob, I bet you are really kicking yourself that
> you didn't take a second shot and that story is
> your rationalization.  Anybody agree with me? 
> Anyhow, in a few years I bet you had a telephoto
> lens and could have taken two or three even better
> photos from a safe distance.

I'll disagree with you <G>. This is a fine picture that conveys the excitement of  765 storming down the main.  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0406 seconds