Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Nostalgia & History > Texas Tuesday

Date: 09/27/16 11:08
Texas Tuesday
Author: nomosantafe

I lived in Texas for 17 years over three different time periods.  Houston 1991 - 1993, Fort Worth/Haslet  1998 - 2001, and North Richland Hills (Fort Worth area) 2004 - 2015.  I retired from BNSF and returned to Portland, Oregon in July 2015.

I did spend some time trackside during those years in Texas and here are a few photos.

1.  EB BNSF Z train at Bowie, Texas on the Wichita Falls Sub      February 2001
2.  EB BNSF Z train at Avondale, Texas just north of Ft Worth on the Wichita Falls Sub      December 2001
3.  Frisco 1522 at Haslet, Texas on Ft Worth Sub    June 2001  (I lived about a mile from this location and had a view of the tracks from my house)

Nomosantafe
Portland, Oregon
"Pacific Wonderland"

Date: 09/27/16 13:48
Re: Texas Tuesday
Author: santafe199

I was fortunate to be able to do some very limited shooting in Texas in the north-central & northeastern arenas in the 1980s. I always thought I needed to follow up and come down to explore the entire state, but unfortunately that never happened back in those. I was either too busy working in, or too broke while furloughed from Santa Fe train service. Even in these abandoned/sold branch lines, post mega-merger days there has to be lots of places left I still need to explore. Keep the cool stuff coming!

Lance/199

Date: 09/27/16 14:36
Author: tomstp

The track thru Haslet including the passing track, no longer exists. The line was severed in the expansion project for Alliance Airport.  The physical track is still there but no connection to it.  Some day the welded rail will be picked up.

Date: 09/27/16 17:37
Author: Frisco1522

Those Haslet turns were fun.  I did three of them and a supper train for Matt Rose.  Good times.

Date: 09/28/16 16:35
Author: UP951West

Very fine images. Thanks for posting.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0368 seconds