Home Open Account Help 256 users online

Nostalgia & History > A chance encounter with the McCloud

Date: 10/25/16 07:03
A chance encounter with the McCloud
Author: ATSF5964

The recent posts depicting the challenges in moving the McCloud locomotives off the property spurred me to a search through my files for any relevant material. I had always meant to record their freight operations, but never got around to it- with one small exception. Back in the summer of 2004, I was returning from Oregon with a friend and we chanced upon the McCloud 36 & 37 interchanging with the UP in Mount Shasta. After leaving Mount Shasta, we caught one runby at a grade crossing, and later at the Signal Butte switchback. I have no idea why we didn't go all the way to McCloud. The harsh summer light does little justice to the subject, but I'm glad that we had that one chance encounter. C'est la vie...

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/25/16 07:28
Re: A chance encounter with the McCloud
Author: FiveChime

Great sequence! Thanks greatly for posting.

Regards, Jim Evans

Date: 10/25/16 07:53
Author: Auburn_Ed

Great video.  Train seems to be going fairly quick for riding the footboards, though.

Ed

Date: 10/25/16 10:50
Author: wabash2800

Thanks for sharing. I didn't see anthing wrong with the lighting. The switchback scenario is interesting. I take it they were going downgrade?

​Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

Date: 10/25/16 22:09
Author: JDLX

Yes, they'd been going downgrade for a while before reaching the switchback.

Thanks for posting the video...now that brings back some memories.

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

Date: 10/25/16 23:55
Author: Fizzboy7

Extremely well done.   Really sheds some light on the mysteries of their operation.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.033 seconds