Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Nostalgia & History > Boeing Photo Request

Date: 12/02/16 00:51
Boeing Photo Request
Author: funnelfan

I'm looking for photos of the old wrapped Boeing Fuselages that had either the front or rear part of the aircraft on a 60' flat with brush racks on each end. I would like to model this. Up until about 2000 the fuselages were shipping in sections and wrapped for protection.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 12/02/16 07:31
Re: Boeing Photo Request
Author: BNModeler

All I have and I can't remember where I found it

Date: 12/02/16 10:55
Author: PFE_COI

Is this the shipping method you're looking for?   

ATSF 95008 at Bealville, CA on 13 April 1980.

Ron Hawkins

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/16 16:30 by PFE_COI.

Date: 12/03/16 20:33
Author: pmack

Ted, you want to get a copy of Andrew Klamka's book, Shipping Planes on Trains Vol 3.  It has a whole section on the 737s but emphasises the shipped-in-one-piece fuselages.  In the book it says the covers only lasted a couple years when data showed the covered fuselages had more damage than those without.  The last 'classic' was delivered in late 1999.  The next generation started with deliveries of -700s in Dec 1997.   The last 80 pages of the 500pg book are rosters of cars used for carrying aircraft parts since 1948.   I think ordering info was covered here before, direct from Andrew or mennonitepress.com
http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?3,4123749

Date: 12/05/16 23:46
Author: funnelfan

Thanks Ron. That's the cars I was looking for.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 12/06/16 06:43
Author: PFE_COI

You're welcome Ted.  The same photo along with several others showing the same shipping method apprear in the book PMACK references above.  It's an outstanding book for anyone interested in railroading and aviation.

Ron

Date: 12/06/16 17:56
Author: ATSF90East

I second his comment.  I have the book sitting in front of me, and the photos are stunning.

PFE_COI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You're welcome Ted.  The same photo along with
> several others showing the same shipping method
> apprear in the book PMACK references above.  It's
> an outstanding book for anyone interested in
> railroading and aviation.
>
> Ron

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.048 seconds