Home Open Account Help 277 users online

Nostalgia & History > MO Depot Friday: Crocker+; Springfield Now & Then

Date: 12/02/16 08:04
MO Depot Friday: Crocker+; Springfield Now & Then
Author: terrybaker

A couple more depots from what will likely be the last trip to Missouri for awhile; the daughter's family moved to San Antonio TX.  All photographed 10/25/16:

1) Crocker SLSF depot moved off-site and now a museum.

2) "Norma Lea's Frisco Park" next to the active (no trains) BNSF main with "Frisco" caboose 11648 on display; anyone know if this is the real deal or a stand-in?

3) Trackside view of 11648.  

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/16 08:13 by terrybaker.

Date: 12/02/16 08:09
Re: MO Depot Friday: Crocker+; Springfield Then & Now
Author: terrybaker

4) Springfield MO former Missouri Pacific Freight Depot photographed 10/20/16.

5) Springfield MO Missouri Pacific freight depot open for business 3/20/81, photographed by Jim Shepard.

Date: 12/02/16 13:22
Author: Ritzville

Interesting contrast pictures of the MP building. Nice series of depots.

Larry

Date: 12/02/16 16:09
Author: MILW16

Looks like a Frisco homebult real deal caboose, but I will leave confirmation to a SLSF expert.

Date: 12/03/16 14:05
Author: warren49

My maternal grandpa was a switcher engineer for the Missouri Pacific in Springfield for many years in the 40s - 60s.  My uncle was a fireman/engineer for the Missouri Pacific in the late 50s and through the 60s....he worked out of Springfield much of the time.  Springfield was a "Frisco town", so being a MoPac railroad employee was sort of unusual around there in those days.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0302 seconds