Home Open Account Help 276 users online

Nostalgia & History > Los Angeles Junction Ry. 2 in March 1969 for Switcher Sunday

Date: 01/15/17 23:45
Los Angeles Junction Ry. 2 in March 1969 for Switcher Sunday
Author: DNRY122

Back in March 1969, I took my daughters Vicky and Kathy to Vernon to see Milton J. Wershow auction a private passenger car that was reportedly used in Harry Truman's "whistle stop" campaign in 1948.  This was covered by local TV, but since this was many years before home video recorders were available all we have are memories.  Most of the still photos from that event are not currently available, but this one turned up.  It shows the girls checking out Alco S-2 LAJRy 2 as we stopped by their headquarters on the way to the auction.   These are the same two daughters who reacted to the movie of a Southern Pacific SDP-45 on a San Joaquin Daylight  with comments of  "Daddy, that's a freight train engine!" and "I don't like it. It's too square.

Date: 01/16/17 06:08
Re: Los Angeles Junction Ry. 2 in March 1969 for Switcher Sunday
Author: qnyla

Daughters in their 50s now?

Date: 01/16/17 11:55
Author: wag216

no more that 29! wag216

Date: 01/16/17 18:58
Author: DrLoco

wag216 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> no more that 29! wag216

That's a wise man, right there!

Date: 01/16/17 21:05
Author: DNRY122

More like Jack Benny, who was "39" for many years.  Older daughter gets extra credit for riding the Gold Line electric railway to work on weekday mornings, younger daughter lives in the Sacramento area and keeps an eye on happenings up there for me.  Both of them learned about railroading from the ground up at Orange Empire, camping out in a caboose overnight and helping carry parts for the track crew.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0383 seconds