Home Open Account Help 289 users online

Nostalgia & History > Challenger

Date: 01/19/17 06:05
Challenger
Author: m1bprr

Chasing a Challenger ferry move back to Wyoming across Utah 2000.
Ed K. cp Laurel Run

Date: 01/19/17 07:15
Re: Challenger
Author: Fredo

Was that the retun trip from the Democratic National Convention in Los Angeles?

Date: 01/19/17 07:25
Author: EmpireBuilder

More than likely.    I was still with the biz cars at this point, but I remember them having a flat chair and a dome chair on that trip.

Date: 01/19/17 07:26
Author: GP30Frank

What were the guys doing on top of the tender ?   Trying to get away from the heat ?

Date: 01/19/17 09:20
Author: Spoony81

GP30Frank Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>   What were the guys doing on top of the tender
> ?   Trying to get away from the heat ?

Probably drunk (heavy sarcasm)

Date: 01/19/17 09:22
Author: Frisco1522

Probably taking delivery of oil.

Date: 01/19/17 15:56
Author: EmpireBuilder

Spoony81 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> GP30Frank Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >   What were the guys doing on top of the
> tender
> > ?   Trying to get away from the heat ?
>
> Probably drunk (heavy sarcasm)

Made me laugh !    It's funny, in all of my years working with or on the crew in one form or fashion, none of the mechanical or operating guys were heavy drinkers.   We might have a beer or 2 with dinner after the day was done, but only after we were back at the hotel for the night.   How dickens decided he was going to make that one of his issues is beyond me.   Being drunk on duty or drinking at work - If Steve got wind of it, you'd be done on the spot.    I split us out from the Sherman Hill folks ( mainly volunteers working for Mary Nystrom ) because they did their thing and we did ours.   No idea what they did after hours.

Date: 01/19/17 16:04
Author: SD45X

Ex DRGW T-2 in the second shot:)

Date: 01/19/17 16:07
Author: m1bprr

Yes that was the return from the Democratic convention, a fuel refill stop made.
Ed K.

Date: 01/19/17 21:34
Author: ProAmtrak

I will gladly to see her in LA during that time, in fact when I took no. 4 to Flagstaff that Saturday one guy asked me if I saw the assembly process when they put the train back together on the Garden Tracks, looking back I wish I did, saw the Train at East Yard when no. 4 went by Hobart Tower, and I still say Steve and the guys made you feel like family, I wish they were still with the program today!

Posted from Android

Date: 01/20/17 00:20
Author: coach

It's amazing how big modern diesels have become.  A new SD-70ACe is almost as long as the Challenger.  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0333 seconds