Home Open Account Help 371 users online

Nostalgia & History > And Where Was This CNW Train

Date: 01/20/17 00:49
And Where Was This CNW Train
Author: MartyBernard

These are Roger Puta's from July 1982.  The lead loco is CNW  (ex-CRIP) GP7R.  I'm assuming the reason it is so clean is it was just acquired from then deseased Rock Island and rebuilt.  The Rock Island ceased operation on March 31, 1980.

You saw this train a few days ago in fields west of Waukesha, WI.

Photos 1., 2., and 3. are immediately below.

Continued ...

Date: 01/20/17 00:50
Re: And Where Was This CNW Train
Author: MartyBernard

Photos 4. and 5. are below.

Thanks,
Marty Bernard

Date: 01/20/17 07:59
Author: ntharalson

I would say Roger chased this train wes out of Waukesha, and the photos are along that line.

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 01/20/17 08:37
Author: dcfbalcoS1

Don't remember if the C&NW rebuilt them but they were painted into C&NW colors at Chadron, weren't they ?

Date: 01/20/17 09:14
Author: exprail

Very possibly, Jefferson Jct. Wis. where the grain (barley?) was used to produce malt for brewing.

exprail 

Date: 01/20/17 10:25
Author: BRAtkinson

#1 looks like it's still on the belt line around Milwaukee, about 100th st, I'd guess.  Note the switch in the foreground is set for the siding, in this case, the line to Madison.
#2 is taken a short distance later while the train is on the Madison line to Waukesha.  Note the high-voltage towers and abandoned TMER&L right of way on the North side of the train.  I'm guessing this is somewhere between 120th st and Waukesha.
#3 &#4 looks like it may be entering Waukesha from the East.  But don't hold me to it.  It could be anywhere along the line.
#5 is likely West of Waukesha.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/17 10:28 by BRAtkinson.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0346 seconds