Nostalgia & History > CN & Amtrak "A New Convenience"

Date: 02/19/17 02:56
CN & Amtrak "A New Convenience"
Author: ghCBNS

From the CN October 26, 1975 Timetable:

Date: 02/19/17 03:05
Re: CN & Amtrak "A New Convenience"
Author: DavidP

I wonder why the Montrealer timetable specifies that the Bellow Falls stop is at the B&M station?  No only had the Rutland been out of the passenger business for more than two decades, but even when they were in it I believe the station was shared with the B&M.  Maybe to keep passengers from turning up at Steamtown looking for Amtrak?

Dave

Date: 02/19/17 08:58
Author: King_Coal

Nice cover photo on the timetable.

Did CN & Amtrak operate thru sleepers from Montreal to Florida for a period? Or did Amtrak just lease CN sleepers?

Date: 02/19/17 11:17
Author: ghCBNS

King_Coal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice cover photo on the timetable.

That's the Matapedia Valley and probably the e/b Scotian. The Ocean passed through in the very early morning.

> Did CN & Amtrak operate thru sleepers from
> Montreal to Florida for a period? Or did Amtrak
> just lease CN sleepers?

Always an Amtrak operation....not jointly with CN. Amtrak leased several CP Chateau Sleepers in 1974.

Date: 02/19/17 17:43
Author: retcsxcfm

King_Coal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice cover photo on the timetable.
>
> Did CN & Amtrak operate thru sleepers from
> Montreal to Florida for a period? Or did Amtrak
> just lease CN sleepers?

Yes,I rode one trip.

Uncle Joe
Seffner,Fl.

Date: 02/19/17 19:47
Author: fulham

I remember in the early 1970's being at the Berlin, CT station waiting to take a "Santa Claus Special" round trip from Berlin to Windsor or Windsor Locks.  I was with my father (a long-time New Haven fan) and we had taken a bus from Wethersfield to get on the train at Berlin.  While waiting in the Berlin station I believe the Washingtonian came in from Montreal and it had several CN cars (it was late).  This was before, I believe the train was named the Montrealer in both directions.  The Washingtonian was the SB train...the Montrealer was the NB train.  I also remember the old NH/PC cars that were on the Santa Claus Special.  Great memories.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/17 19:49 by fulham.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0505 seconds