Home Open Account Help 206 users online

Nostalgia & History > Some Colorado Places

Date: 03/15/17 07:11
Some Colorado Places
Author: FrontRangeTrains

Over the past week or so, I've found my dad's railroad slides he's taken from 2004 - 2007 from various places around Colorado. Thanks to a friend of mine, he has helped me get some of these slides scanned and I have more to come. Here are some I got scanned yesterday and was able to work on correcting them in post-processing.
  • After meeting a northbound loaded coal train, an UP C40-8 and ex-SP SD40T-2 (SD40T-2R) lead a southbound intermodal train out of Platteville, Colorado along UP's Greeley Sub in September 2004.
  • A pair of Cascade Green painted SD40-2s lead BNSF's Cheyenne Local down the Rennicks Lead in Denver, Colorado while passing the Rennicks Yard power, which consists of a GP7u and a GP38-2 back in September 2004.
  • In November 2006, EMDX 1001, a BHP Iron Ore painted SD70ACe sits at the BNSF locomotive facility in Denver waiting to head to Pueblo to test at the TTCI Center. The unit eventually became BHP 4314 and was shipped overseas to Australia to work the iron ore trains on the BHP Iron Ore Western Australia.
All three photos were taken by my father.

Thanks for looking!

John Crisanti
Longmont, CO

Date: 03/15/17 07:14
Re: Some Colorado Places
Author: Bob3985

John, your dad took great photos and #1 gets my vote for photo of the day.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 03/15/17 07:43
Author: refarkas

Your father's photos are first class.
Bob

Date: 03/15/17 07:49
Author: ns2557

John, I shot that BHP in Pblo when it got down that way.  Nice shot  your Dad has there.  Thanks. Ben

Date: 03/15/17 08:49
Author: retcsxcfm

Photo one is calendar Quality!!!

Uncle Joe
Seffner,Fl.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0316 seconds