Home Open Account Help 297 users online

Nostalgia & History > Frisco Friday

Date: 03/24/17 14:25
Frisco Friday
Author: Quakerengr

With impending merger tween Frisco and BN a couple trips were in order to record the last days of the Frisco, August 8th, 1980
Image 1 Frisco Piggyback sign at entrance to the yard at Lindenwood, Mo, suburb of St Louis
Image 2 Leadville turn with 640 leading pulling upgrade somewhere in Missouri
Image 3 Frisco 3100 @ BN's Clyde Diesel shop, Cicero, Illinois,  Late November/early December 1983. The First of 10 GP 50's ordered by Frisco delivered  to BN.  Recall that BN allowed this one to be painted in Frisco colors,  however this may not be true story.  This is my first attempt at transferring slides from way back.  I did not attempt to clean them up, this is how they look.  Another day stories will be told abt what occured after the "bn" FRISCO, merger wherein the management team of the old boy Frisco network  roared through the BN leaving turmoil in its wake.
PWM

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/17 18:57 by Quakerengr.

Date: 03/25/17 08:21
Re: Frisco Friday
Author: kevink

Quakerengr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Image 2 Leadville turn with 640 leading pulling
> upgrade somewhere in Missouri

We don't see too many shots from the Lead Line in Missouri. Google Street View has very little coverage in this area. From the aerials, it looks like the train is just about to reach the end of the line at the Buick Mine.

Date: 03/25/17 08:54
Author: SP8595

Great trio of Frisco shots!

Date: 03/25/17 13:05
Author: Quakerengr

Thanks

PWM

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.037 seconds