Home Open Account Help 289 users online

Nostalgia & History > Santa Fe Building in downtown Los Angeles

Date: 03/29/17 16:10
Santa Fe Building in downtown Los Angeles
Author: DNRY122

Perhaps this should be in Railroaders' nostalgia, because the photo shows the roof of the Santa Fe Building at 6th & Main in Los Angeles.  This is where I began my relatively short career in railroading as a paid employee, hiring out as a licensed electronic tech in April 1969.  Santa Fe had their Coast Lines headquarters in this building until the mid 1970s, when they moved to an office building at the east end of Hobart Yard.  After the railway moved out, the building became a work-live place for artists.  Those who know me well are aware that music is one of my other interests, and for many years I have followed a number of local bands and singer-songwriters. Thus we have a photo that was used as "cover art" for a CD by the lady with the Fender guitar, Ms. Anny Celsi. I have a number of her CDs and have seen her perform at various musical events. For additionl railway interest, it would appear that the photographer was shooting from the Pacific Electric Building (which was re-purposed into residential units some years ago). 

Date: 03/29/17 17:59
Re: Santa Fe Building in downtown Los Angeles
Author: dcfbalcoS1

Geeeez, that makes my butt hurt with a person being so close to the edge of a high building.

Date: 03/29/17 18:00
Re: Santa Fe Building in downtown Los Angeles
Author: EastKSRailfan

You certainly got my attention!

Carl Graves, Lawrence, KS

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.031 seconds