Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Nostalgia & History > Santa Fe 3rd District Local remake

Date: 05/08/05 08:22
Santa Fe 3rd District Local remake
Author: 3rdswitch

I posted this photo a few months ago scanned from a lousy print. I ran across the neg this week and here is a little better rendition of a pair of Santa Fe RSD5's (?) on the 3rd District Local sometime in the mid to late sixties heading into the "hole" at La Mirada, CA.
JB

Date: 05/08/05 08:37
Re: Santa Fe 3rd District Local remake
Author: africansteam

Nice photo, JB. I never saw any Santa Fe RSD-5's in the LA area, though I did encounter them in San Berdoo.

Africansteam

Date: 05/08/05 13:13

Joe, here is the photo.

Cheers,
Africansteam

Date: 05/08/05 13:33
Author: 3rdswitch

Yes, that came out pretty good, I think I used the "sharpen" feature one too many times though.
JB

Date: 05/08/05 17:09

3rdswitch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, that came out pretty good, I think I used the
> "sharpen" feature one too many times though.
> JB

Yep. Avoid the Sharpen feature like the plague. Use the Unsharp Mask feature, and apply it in small increments. You will be able to tell when you have used too much.

Cheers,
Africansteam

Date: 05/11/05 21:58
Author: DNRY122

They are RSD-5's and they were often used on the 2nd District Locals (Pasadena area) in the 60's. Somewhere I have a photo of a pair of RSD-5's crossing the Garvanza (Arroyo Seco) bridge, where now the Gold Line trains run.

Date: 07/05/05 01:00
Author: Andy2472

I remember when they invaded Oceanside, I think we got 3, 2 for the Escondido Job and one for the 4th Dist. Local. They lasted about a week and of that week they spent more time on the ground than on it. Then GP7-9's made it back in a hurry. Andy 2472

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0483 seconds