Home Open Account Help 252 users online

Railfan Gaming > Problems with accessing Activites (.apk files)

Date: 06/18/01 13:11
Problems with accessing Activites (.apk files)
Author: soo6007

I'm having trouble opening the downloaded ".apk" files with MSTS. I've been unziping these files into the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Sim\Utils directory where the "TSUnpack.exe" file is. The problem is that when I drag one of the '.apk' files over the TSUnpack file to access/open it, it gives me the error message "failed to open package"! Should I try re-installing MSTS or is there someother problem I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!
soo6007

Date: 06/18/01 15:12
RE: Problems with accessing Activites (.apk files)
Author: BruinDan

For info only, mine has been doing that exact same thing...I can't figure it out either.

Date: 06/18/01 16:24
A Fix
Author: funnelfan

Date: 06/18/01 16:27
RE: Problems with accessing Activites (.apk files)
Author: rob_e

Hey Guys, this was on the board awhile back and fixed my problem.
Once you've made the change use windows explorer to find the file. Just right click on the packed file and choose open from the context menu. That will unpack the file properly.
I'll repaste this for everyone that missed it.
A helpful person pointed out this fix for the Activity UnPacker. It's from Leemon at train-sim.com's fourm:

"Ok, I figured out what was wrong. I right clicked on an .APK file and looked at the Properties. I noted that is is listed as type "Packaged Activity".
I opened my drive C, and then went to the "View->Folder Options" menu. I clicked on the "File Types" tab and looked for the "Packaged Activity" file type. I clicked on it and chose "Edit". I clicked on the "open" action, and chose "Edit".

For some reason, there was a garbage character in the open line:

"C:\Games\Train Simulator\Utils\TSUnpack.exe" "|"

instead of the correct setting, which should be

"C:\Games\Train Simulator\Utils\TSUnpack.exe" "%1"

As soon as I made this change, my APK files will unpack successfully! All you have to do is change the garbage character to %1

Lee "

What he is saying that if you open "windows explorer" or "my computer" on the desk top. Clcik on "view" in the menu bar and select "folder options". select the "file types" tab on the popup screen and scroll down until you see "Packaged Activity". Select it and then click "edit". Under actions in the next popup menu select "open" and then click "edit". Then where it says:

"C:\Games\Train Simulator\Utils\TSUnpack.exe" "|"

Change it to:

"C:\Games\Train Simulator\Utils\TSUnpack.exe" "%1"

Date: 06/18/01 18:40
Still problems with the ".apk" files!!
Author: soo6007

I hate to say it but I'm still getting the same error message!
I tried the character change from "|" to "%1" and still the same thing. I double & triple checked the correct path (ie: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Train Sim\UTILS) and even changed around some of the lowercase letters to caps, but I still get the same "Failed to open package" message. Maybe I should try re-installing the darn thing, I don't know!!?

soo6007

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0515 seconds