Home Open Account Help 340 users online

Canadian Railroads > The late great BC Rail

Date: 12/14/11 21:06
The late great BC Rail
Author: sarailfan

Unfortunately I only made one serious trip to the BCR prior to the CN giveaway. In my young and foolish days the draw of heavy traffic in the Fraser and Thompson Canyons was too much to resist. However, I did go to the Lillooet once, on a day when the canyon looked slow. Here, for your consideration, are a pair of shots from July 3, 2004, as a short work train winds its way along the shore of Seton Lake, behind a pair of cowled GEs. This is the BC Rail I knew - red, white, and blue, in the best scenery the province has to offer. RIP, BCR.

Darren Boes
Lethbridge, AB

Date: 12/14/11 22:36
Re: The late great BC Rail
Author: spdaylight

Thanks for the post . . brings back lots of good memories . . . that particular location up on the hill just south of Lillooet gives you some very nice shots with a good telephoto lens like you used . . . as the track curves around the lake about four times as the train heads toward town.

Craig
http://mcmrailvideos.com/

Date: 12/15/11 10:27
Author: Nictd1000

Nice shots! That open hopper behind the power looks ancient!

Ryan

Date: 12/15/11 17:00
Author: pummer

Very nice post. What a great railroad it was. I made the long trip several times to visit - wish now I would have spent more time there.

Date: 12/15/11 18:54
Author: Ptolemy

Nice pictures. I was able to ride their passenger service a number of times and always thought it was one of the great unsung routes of North America.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0396 seconds