Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Canadian Railroads > Better than a Hilton...

Date: 11/10/12 18:07
Better than a Hilton...
Author: Ray_Murphy

A few months ago, I posted a picture of a CN Caboose at Coteau, Quebec that seemed to be setting a new low for the equipment that the post-Harrison CN expects its employees to use to keep the investors happy:

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?15,2741601,2741601#msg-2741601

Early this morning, A CN rail train came through Montreal with the caboose shown in Picture 1. This caboose is kind of like certain streets in Montreal, where the smoothest part is the newly-installed speed bump. In the case of this caboose, the CN Engineering sign on this rusting piece of equipment is the only thing that seems to have been painted in 20 years, aside from the graffiti. When I inspected the photo, I found that a CN employee (I presume) inscribed his opinion of the car (Picture 2).

Pictures 3-6 show the train, led by CN 5602. The train has cars with CWRX reporting marks. The special cars just after the locomotive are CWRX 300 and CWRX 305, also marked "Holland," which I believe refers to the Holland Rail Engineering Services Company.

Ray

Date: 11/10/12 18:08
Re: Better than a Hilton...
Author: Ray_Murphy

Pictures 4, 5 and 6...

Ray

Date: 11/10/12 20:53
Author: spdaylight

Looking at the paint condition on the loco, it's a matching set with the caboose . . . . pretty sad!

Date: 11/11/12 07:57
Author: milkcow

I hope he got the two free bottles of water for being a rust-level traveler.

David

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0448 seconds