Home Open Account Help 275 users online

Canadian Railroads > Newspaper series on rail safety

Date: 02/22/14 09:46
Newspaper series on rail safety
Author: thehighwayman

The Hamilton Community News website has a series of articles posted yesterday dealing with rail safety.

http://www.hamiltonnews.com/tag/rail-safety/

A bit of background:

Hamilton Community News publishes a number of local community weekly newspapers in the Hamilton, Ontario area.
Hamilton Community News is a part of the Hamilton Spectator (daily) operation, which in turn, is owned by the Toronto Star, one of the largest newspapers in Canada.

From personal experience I can say that for the most part, the newspapers in the group are pretty good, all things considered.
As a former journalist, I am not happy with the current state of the industry - too much focus on entertainment, and not enough resources put into news gathering.

Rant over.

Will MacKenzie
Dundas, ON

Date: 02/22/14 18:31
Re: Newspaper series on rail safety
Author: Thumper

Suspect the locals would have a bird if they really knew what was being hauled in the tank cars up the Dundas grade, as well as elsewhere.
And I agree with you, newspapers have become entertainment venues as opposed to investigative journalism. I don't subscribe to any newspaper, and have not done so for many a moon.

Bryce Lee
Burlington, Ontario

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0371 seconds