Home Open Account Help 372 users online

Canadian Railroads > On the road through the Canyons...BC

Date: 04/06/14 08:30
On the road through the Canyons...BC
Author: Train611

Hello,
I hope this works as I have changed locations and computers...
A recent trip through the Fraser Canyon area and the Thompson River Canyon offered some traffic, and the photo ops.

1. CN8913 heads west through Hope BC at track speed - towards Vancouver - with a mixed train.

2. CP8728 east at North Bend BC - an empty unit coal train - has a new crew and starts the 121 mile trip to Kamloops BC.

3. CN2640 east has a short train of mixed cars, running on CP track, heading for Kamloops BC.

There are many great, safe and public photo locations in the canyons from Hope to Ashcroft BC.
Give yourself a good day, wait for spring and summer, and enjoy rail-fanning.

Thanks for looking...have a great week.

Date: 04/06/14 12:07
Re: On the road through the Canyons...BC
Author: LKeithR

Nice. Like a lot of others I can never see too much of the Fraser and Thompson canyons. The first time my parents drove me through there (would have been about '52) I was awestruck and I've been in love with them ever since. We travel east to the interior and Alberta several times a year and we probably hit the Coquihalla once for every ten times up the canyon. I've ridden through there in cars, pickups, motorcycles, transport trucks and trains and it doesn't matter what your point of view it's always interesting. Whether you're trying to cool off in Lytton in the middle of the summer or freezing your ass off while trying to chain up a truck on the top of Jackass Mountain in the dead of winter I've never regretted a trip. Being able to railfan through there is just a bonus...

Keith Robertson
Langley, BC

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0458 seconds