Home Open Account Help 219 users online

Canadian Railroads > Last Light in Dawson Creek

Date: 07/24/14 18:01
Last Light in Dawson Creek
Author: loleta

Here's CN's Dawson Creek job leaving town for the return trip to Chetwynd, late on an August evening several years ago. As you can see, the train was still showing some of its BC Rail roots, with two of the three locomotives still wearing BC Rail colours.
Does anyone know how traffic is these days, and what they're currently using for power?

Loleta Fernbridge

Date: 07/24/14 18:32
Re: Last Light in Dawson Creek
Author: M-420

Wow! Big power on the Dawson Sub.

Back when I used to get up there, the Dawson Sub was strictly 4 Axle territory.

Nice shot.

Brian E

Date: 07/24/14 18:36
Author: BCR4619

A friend posted recently and it looked to have 3 C40-8M's one of which was BCR.... go figure lol

Date: 07/25/14 07:36
Author: BobE

Schwing!

BobE

Date: 07/25/14 09:02
Author: TCnR

Nice composition, looks like a nice place. I have the impression it's swarming with mosquitoes.

Are the trees turning color for Autumn?

Date: 07/25/14 11:03
Author: trainjunkie

I pass through Dawson Creek twice a year, it is "Mile 0" of the Alaska Highway. I usually spending the night there and although I've seen rail cars at various industries there, I have never seen a train. That is an amazing shot. Thanks for sharing it. Here's one of the depot there, which now houses a museum and visitor's center.

Date: 07/25/14 21:40
Author: loleta

When I was last there, CN was using six-axle power on the Dawson Creek Sub. but with a limited amount of fuel in the units to keep the weight down.
The mosquitoes do like Dawson Creek, but are far worse along the damper and more forested Fort St. James and Fort Nelson Subs.; they attack the car windows as soon as you pull off the road, and you don't dare get out unless you've dipped yourself in DEET. And I'm not talking about Off spray; they just laugh at that stuff.

- L.F.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0335 seconds