Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Canadian Railroads > CN train crashes into logging truck near Burns Lake

Date: 07/25/14 11:47
CN train crashes into logging truck near Burns Lake
Author: railwayman69

This happened on the CN line between Prince George and Prince Rupert. It looks like the train involved was either CN 198 or 199.

This is from the CBC News....

The driver of a logging truck and a CN Rail worker are in hospital after a train hit a truck about 20 kilometres west of Burns Lake, B.C. on Friday morning.
Logging truck and train collision, Burns Lake, B.C.

The logging truck collided with the CN train on a private road which crosses the rail line about 20 kilometres west of Burns Lake, B.C. on Friday morning.
The eastbound train hit the truck around 7 a.m. PT near the Hampton Mill on a private road which crosses the rail line, CN has confirmed.

Two locomotives, as well as 22 rail containers were derailed and both the truck driver and train employee were taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

A CN spokesperson confirms the train was not carrying any hazardous materials and said the derailed cars were carrying household goods.

CN Police and Commercial Vehicle Safety and Enforcement are investigating.

The rail line has been closed and logging trucks in the area are being re-routed through Highway 16 until the scene is clear.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/14 11:48 by railwayman69.

Date: 07/25/14 14:06
Re: CN train crashes into logging truck near Burns Lake
Author: xcnsnake

Date: 07/26/14 18:50
Author: nsscot

i am glad no one hurt. does any one have locomotive numbers of those involved?

thanks

Don

Date: 07/27/14 05:42
Author: hoggerdoug

Lead unit 8929 trailing unit 2417, not sure if there was a middle unit. Conductor suffered a broken nose, not sure of trucker condition. From a few images I saw it was quite a mess, into a swampy ditch. Could have been a lot worse. Doug

Date: 07/29/14 15:27
Author: greasemonkey

A friend e-mailed me these pictures. Not sure who they came from originally, but I'm sure it would be best not to say publicly anyhow.

Date: 07/29/14 15:29

Just a few more.

Date: 07/30/14 04:50
Author: EL-SD45-3632

greasemonkey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A friend e-mailed me these pictures. Not sure who
> they came from originally, but I'm sure it would
> be best not to say publicly anyhow.

More than likely a crew member released these, don't know if I would have posted these or not in fear of the railroad finding out and the employee getting in trouble.

Date: 07/30/14 05:43
Author: hoggerdoug

Perhaps clips from the nose camera?? Interesting to say, wonder if the real video clip be made public. Doug

Date: 07/30/14 13:38

I've seen the same pictures posted on 3 different Facebook pages before I posted these here, so I doubt my posting them would affect anything in any way.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.059 seconds