Home Open Account Help 380 users online

Canadian Railroads > What....BNSF isn't enough?????

Date: 08/15/14 14:50
What....BNSF isn't enough?????
Author: crs1026

http://www.revelstokecurrent.com/2014/07/25/a-special-visitor-drops-in-at-the-railway-museum/

At 17:45 on Friday, the CP business train is about MP 75 on the Mactier Sub. It has been making good time - about the same as the former Canadian - across Northern Ontario.

- Paul

Date: 08/15/14 17:03
Re: What....BNSF isn't enough?????
Author: chatnoir

crs1026 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> http://www.revelstokecurrent.com/2014/07/25/a-spec
> ial-visitor-drops-in-at-the-railway-museum/
>
> At 17:45 on Friday, the CP business train is about
> MP 75 on the Mactier Sub. It has been making good
> time - about the same as the former Canadian -
> across Northern Ontario.
>
> - Paul

Now I get the subject line. Know of any kind of an itinerary for this while in Southern Ontario Paul?

James

Date: 08/15/14 17:09
Author: crs1026

James, in theory it is to go to London Sunday afternoon (1700 departure from Agincourt), but with its remarkably early arrival, that may change.

It positively flew down the tracks today.....what a contrast to CN's handling of the Canadian! (To be fair, the RTC was tucking trains away up and down the line to make today's move happen.)

It's in London for a couple weeks and then reportedly will go back in two trainsets...one via Chicago and one via the northern route. I don't have specifics.

- Paul

Date: 08/15/14 22:11
Author: dcmkris

Please tell me those are not CP business cars in bright red!

Kris

Date: 08/15/14 22:14
Author: The_Chief_Way

the Warren Buffet family trip must be long over with if they were in Revelstoke July 25

I believe those two rear cars were acquired by EHH. Obviously he has his own idea on colour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/14 22:16 by The_Chief_Way.

Date: 08/15/14 22:39
Author: 70tonner

No, they are the CP "red" circus train. Actually they are former CN cars, maybe a parting gift from EHH's former employer? The last car (theatre car) is CP 1, formerly CN 1060 "Sanford Fleming" while the second last car is CP 2, formerly CN 1058 "Gatineau". Further history and origins of these 2 cars can be found in "Canadian Trackside Guide 2014", page 10-3.

Date: 08/16/14 03:27
Author: andersonb109

So sad that these great cars under the guise of the "Royal Canadian Pacific" are no longer made available for public (not charter) trips.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0479 seconds