Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Canadian Railroads > Rockin 'n rolling on the Rocky Mountaineer . . . .

Date: 08/19/14 08:41
Rockin 'n rolling on the Rocky Mountaineer . . . .
Author: spdaylight

Was up in Kamloops for a wedding and went out early a week ago Saturday to catch the EB Mountaineer at Pritchard.

Caught a EB empty grainer accelerating from a red signal first and then the RM. The Mountaineer had three units - leased unit(?) . . . is it normal to have three on the head end?

Watch the trailing coach of the consist go through the crossing . . . it really rocks 'n rolls . . is that the crew car(?) . . . cuz you could almost get seasick if that happens a lot . . .

Craig
http://mcmrailvideos.com/

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/19/14 20:39
Re: Rockin 'n rolling on the Rocky Mountaineer . . . .
Author: Train611

Nice work...

A few days later the same train had 24 cars going east...and back the next day.
Most times I have seen this train there are three units, I believe it would be due to the grades and spiral tunnels, especially if they lose a unit on the way.

On a personal trip, they used 3 units Van - Kamloops/Kamloops - Calgary.

Tail end car may be crew car...

Date: 08/19/14 20:55
Author: spdaylight

Thanks 611 - most appropriate non de plume . . . . in many areas that's the info number . . . .!!

Date: 08/20/14 18:44
Author: Train611

Congrats on the video of the day.
I will let you guess what else that 611 may stand for.

Get that video camera of yours around Britannia or Porteau for the north or southbound RMR Whistler trains. The TO audience would enjoy those locations.
Stay well

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/24/14 01:36
Author: Red

Great video, which is going to lead possibly to another thread on this or the Western Board: "Which has more 'BARK': the modern GE FDL-16s in the AC4400ACWs & C44-9Ws, or the GEVOS as in the lead unit in the first scene?") And I've run all three versions and seen all three versions at trackside (and of COURSE, the old Dash Sevens had more "Bark" to them and the old U-Boats, but refer to above sentence). But it's almost like a toss-up with these more modern GEs. They all sound like GEs of course, but I waver on which has the most "bark," whether running them in the past (I'm now retired), or listening to them now trackside. But great video!!! :-)

But that third unit, I'm very curious about! Whether it was a leaser GP50 or GP60 and the original owner??? And this is my main question...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0456 seconds