Home Open Account Help 325 users online

Canadian Railroads > Skeena Sep 3, 2014 - two domes

Date: 09/09/14 22:05
Skeena Sep 3, 2014 - two domes
Author: casco17

My wife and I rode westbound VIA train 5 from Jasper, AB to Prince George, BC on Wednesday Sep 3 2014. The train was double its normal length that day; evidently there had been an engine failure earlier in the week (passengers had traveled by bus on those days). This double train was getting the consists "back in place". These pics show a couple of views facing forward out of the rear dome; we also got a pic of the VIA company photographer, who traveled to McBride to get his own photos of the unusual train configuration.

The train was divided at Prince George; the front train set returned to Jasper the next day as train 6, while the rear train set continued on to Prince Rupert as train 5. (The overnight stop at Prince George is intentional; this train runs during daylight hours only for purposes of viewing the scenery - it was worth it).

Date: 09/10/14 03:10
Re: Skeena Sep 3, 2014 - two domes
Author: andersonb109

Looks like a Winter Canadian consist.

Date: 09/10/14 16:36
Re: Skeena Sep 3, 2014 - two domes
Author: DTrainshooter

I'd say you were very lucky in your choice of dates to ride this wonderful train!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1103 seconds