Home Open Account Help 277 users online

Canadian Railroads > BC Rail "Deep Creek" bridge

Date: 09/12/14 08:12
BC Rail "Deep Creek" bridge
Author: hoggerdoug

A few images from Deep Creek bridge at mile 330 on the BC Rail Prince George sub, north of Williams Lake. We had a short train and no traffic, stopped to take a few images from the north end of the bridge.

shadow of the train
posed at the north end of the bridge

Date: 09/12/14 08:13
Re: BC Rail "Deep Creek" bridge

a few more

Date: 09/12/14 08:17

I wish now that I had stopped here and there over the years to take more images. Even a brief stop for pictures could take 20 or so minutes, some times hard to explain the train delay if questioned by supervisors. Also if I happened to get hurt while making the unauthorised stop while taking pictures, there'd be a lot of explaining to do.

Date: 09/12/14 08:29

last two,all images taken November 2008, bridge was built in 1920, approx 1200 feet long and 323 feet high, mile 330 is at the north end of the bridge, the bridge is quite visable from Hwy 97 north between Williams Lake and Soda Creek. video clip from another trip. Thanks for looking, Doug.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/12/14 08:46
Author: spdaylight

Doug

Glad you were able to grab those photos back in BCR days. Be a bit tougher under the 'new regime'.

Watching your vid, I bet your first impression on your very first trip over that bridge is hoping that MOW did a good job in keeping the track in top notch condition . . . geesh!

Craig
http://mcmrailvideos.com/

Date: 09/12/14 08:52

My first trip over the bridge was in a caboose in 1975, having just "bumped in" from Chetwynd, anyhow I got called as Conductor, did not know any of the crews let alone having ever been over the sub. It was quite a pucker factor staring out of the back window wondering if the bridge would ever end, sort of like a flight or was it fright. The bridge was well maintained as well as the approaches on each end, no bump. The walkway was installed prior to going to Conductor only, no caboose. Doug

Date: 09/12/14 12:22
Author: rschonfelder

Doug

Great shots. I had a good friend who was a "Driver" for the NZR and he took me for a cab ride on the NIMT (North Island Main Trunk) around 1988. He would stop his train regularly to do his own photos when he had a light train. When I was on the train it was heavy so he could not stop. However, he told me to jump off while he kept it rolling, which hill to run up and where to stand while he gave me my ample chance to make the shot.

It really isn't Railfanning as I told him because it was like fishing in a barrel. I did get a shot I never would have known about or been able to get into without a lot of walking. We joked about the occasion for years.

Rick

Date: 09/13/14 18:25
Author: dcmkris

Cool pics and video. I bet first trip has a bit of a pucker factor in it, especially if you don't like heights.

Kris

Date: 09/14/14 15:11
Author: SpeederDriver

>>>I bet first trip has a bit of a pucker factor in it, especially if you don't like heights.

I've crossed it on a speeder, and I DON'T like heights!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0684 seconds