Home Open Account Help 369 users online

Canadian Railroads > Almost Closing Time for the RMR

Date: 09/15/14 16:21
Almost Closing Time for the RMR
Author: loleta

The 2014 Rocky Mountaineer season will end in a week or so. Then over the next eight months, weeds and rust will reclaim the wye at Wedge and the siding at Brunswick (where the RMR often meets CN train 546), and we'll go many days at a stretch without a train during daylight hours. But in the meantime, riders on these last runs have been enjoying some fine autumn weather. Here is the northbound North Vancouver - Whistler train at Britannia Beach, Squamish, and Brandywine Falls.

Loleta Fernbridge

Date: 09/15/14 16:37
Re: Almost Closing Time for the RMR
Author: eminence_grise

Rocky Mountaineer had a very successfull year, guest numbers were up 30% during the 2014 season, with similar numbers forecast for 2015.

Armstrong Hospitality Group, the parent company of RMR is a private corporation owned by founder Peter Armstrong and several partners.

Date: 09/16/14 16:19
Author: BCR4619

Thats funny, they ran with reduced cars on the Whistler train (for a bit) and it was not packed either.... I have heard the same on the Quesnel trip, riders wise.

Date: 09/16/14 16:47
Author: rschonfelder

eminence_grise Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rocky Mountaineer had a very successfull year,
> guest numbers were up 30% during the 2014 season,
> with similar numbers forecast for 2015.
>
>

That forecast may change as the AUD is forecast to drop. The high Aussie dollar (currently falling) was a major incentive to a BC holiday and there were major marketing campaigns on our TV down here. I cannot get over how many people tell me they want to go and ride the RM all as a result of these commercials as well as regular spots on the local travel shows.

Rick

Date: 09/18/14 05:39
Author: ns1000

VERY NICE...!!! Thanks for posting.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.06 seconds