Home Open Account Help 332 users online

Canadian Railroads > I Must Be Livin' Right

Date: 10/19/14 11:12
I Must Be Livin' Right
Author: cn6218

Or something like that...

When I woke up this morning, the weather in Halifax didn't look much different than it had 24 hours earlier in Montreal, when Ray shot these pictures:

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?15,3552012

But since KG had sent me a reminder that this train was on its way, and I had an OS from Truro at 0715 this morning, I thought I'd go out to see them arrive and see how my "24 Hour Theory" was holding up. Since the sun didn't look like it would be a factor, I decided on what would normally be the dark side, but hopefully a background of fall leaves, and if I was lucky I might get a bright overcast light.

As it turned out, the sun broke through the clouds 5 minutes before the train arrived in Bedford, and stayed out until the train reached Rockingham. I shot them a bit tighter and earlier than I had planned, and came away with a fairly decent shot after all. Somewhere along the way, they seemed to have swapped the two units trailing in Montreal for a freshly painted GP40-2L (9525), which may replace one of the switchers in Rockingham tonight when 121 leaves.

GTD

Date: 10/19/14 11:31
Re: I Must Be Livin' Right
Author: Train611

Excellent!

Date: 10/19/14 13:34
Author: Ray_Murphy

You sure had better light than I did! However, #120 was so long that by the time the end of the train went by, the sun started to come out (Picture #1).

Pictures #2 and #3 show the units that didn't make it to Halifax.

Ray

Date: 10/19/14 14:12
Author: kgmontreal

We win. Another triumph of interprovincial cooperation.

KG

Date: 10/19/14 16:32
Author: YukonYeti

You are living properly.... The sun gods were with you !!

Yukon Yeti

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0561 seconds