Home Open Account Help 388 users online

Canadian Railroads > Canadian Railway Safety advertising by Teemsters Union

Date: 10/26/14 03:51
Canadian Railway Safety advertising by Teemsters Union
Author: andersonb109

On "Hockey Night in Canada" last night, the Canadian Teamsters Union ran an ad multiple times warning about the dangers of Canadian railways hauling dangerous materials and their overall poor safety record. They are calling for some sort of government action to address the problem. I wonder how members feel about their dues being used for this very expensive advertising. (The images were nice however).

Date: 10/26/14 05:26
Re: Canadian Railway Safety advertising by Teemsters Un
Author: Lackawanna484

Might help Mr Harding, the MM&A engineer. If a jury feels the cargo is dangerous, and he was doing what he was told to do, why should he shoulder all the blame?

Date: 10/26/14 06:56
Re: Canadian Railway Safety advertising by Teemsters Un
Author: RayLGrinder

andersonb109 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On "Hockey Night in Canada" last night, the
> Canadian Teamsters Union ran an ad multiple times
> warning about the dangers of Canadian railways
> hauling dangerous materials and their overall poor
> safety record. They are calling for some sort of
> government action to address the problem. I
> wonder how members feel about their dues being
> used for this very expensive advertising. (The
> images were nice however).

This 30 second television ad campaign on rail safety started on October 8 and is currently being aired during hockey games on Sportsnet, TSN, RDS and TVA Sports. It is also broadcasted on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.

Google "Let's get safety back on track!" to view it on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7-y-Nt6yas).

Date: 10/29/14 20:32
Re: Canadian Railway Safety advertising by Teamsters Un
Author: cpcnguy

It's an embarrassment. I had this discussion with co-workers. It makes us look unprofessional and we are the problem. My union dues would be better off spent elsewhere...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0386 seconds