Home Open Account Help 293 users online

Canadian Railroads > A Park Dome Obs.....Still on the Ocean

Date: 10/27/14 15:06
A Park Dome Obs.....Still on the Ocean
Author: ghCBNS

Here’s the w/b Ocean at Truro NS on Sunday October 26, 2014.

....3 Coaches, a diner, 2 lounges and 6 sleepers with Tweedsmuir Park bringing up the markers.

Sleeper Plus Class has ended for the season but the Park is still there and now open to all sleeper passengers.

Date: 10/27/14 15:09
Re: A Park Dome Obs.....Still on the Ocean

>

Date: 10/27/14 16:52
Author: Slumbercoach

Fine photos and nice to see this. I had Tweedsmuir Park on my transcontinental trip on the Canadian back in autumn of 2006. We even arrived Vancouver on-time.

Date: 10/27/14 19:27
Author: jp1822

Good for VIA for keeping the Ocean going with a pretty solid consist with Park Car included. Better to use the Park Car than leaving them "parked."

Date: 10/27/14 19:52
Author: spdaylight

Why three units on the front end with only twelve coaches?

Craig

Date: 10/28/14 01:56

spdaylight Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why three units on the front end with only twelve
> coaches?

Actually 15 cars when you include the Park, Transition Car and Baggage but I’ve seen 3 F40s running lately.

Date: 10/28/14 03:41
Author: andersonb109

Yet Amtrak can spare only one unit on the CofNO and Texas Eagle :(

Date: 10/28/14 05:24
Author: DrawingroomA

Sleeper Plus service returns for the Christmas/New Year season from 14th Dec. to 7th Jan. As in previous years there is some adjustment of the days of week operation, but unlike last year there are some extra runs. From a perusal of the accommodations offered it is obvious the extra consist will be Budd equipment. For sleeper travel, only Sleeper Plus is available on those extra trains. A choice of Sleeper (meals not included) or Sleeper Plus (meals included) is offered, as usual, on the Renaissance trains. With the extra consist making three round trips during the season, there are a few periods where there is a train on three consecutive days.

Date: 10/28/14 09:20
Author: DavidP

andersonb109 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yet Amtrak can spare only one unit on the CofNO
> and Texas Eagle :(

Amtrak could double the power if they cut the frequency in half as VIA did last year.

Dave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/14 12:50 by DavidP.

Date: 10/28/14 09:56

There’s a couple of new corridor runs beginning next week where the units could be deployed to. But the reason for three on the Ocean right now....I’m not aware of.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0395 seconds