Home Open Account Help 355 users online

Canadian Railroads > Best way to get from Toronto airport to VIA Station?

Date: 01/24/15 06:24
Best way to get from Toronto airport to VIA Station?
Author: 2839Canadian

Will be flying into Toronto in a couple weeks to board the Canadian to Vancouver. Is there a light rail or streetcar line at the airport that will take me to the VIA station in downtown Toronto?

Many thanks for advice.

Seaboard C30-7

Date: 01/24/15 07:01
Re: Best way to get from Toronto airport to VIA Station
Author: WrongWayMurphy

I just did this last Saturday. I am a Texan and had never been to Toronto before.

I checked out a cab - about $75 +tip and approx 30-45 min depending on traffic

I checked out a bus service - $40 per person and 45 min to the station

I ended up spending $6 ($3 each me and wife)
Take the 192 city bus "the Rocket" outside baggage claim to Kipling Station ( trip takes about 10 minutes)
and there is a bus every 12 minutes. Be sure and ask the bus driver for a transfer pass. At Kipling Station
get in the only subway train there ( eastbound) and it takes you to downtown Toronto. Get off at St George stop ( about 20 min).
Go up one level and take the subway ( southbound) to Union Station stop (about 10 min). You are now at the VIA station.

Total riding and waiting time was 55 minutes airport to VIA, trip was simple, clean, and much more interesting than other options.

Bus takes Canadian money only - if you have none, like I didn't, there are kiosks in the airport that exchange funds into Canadian.
Make sure you get at lease (3) $1 Canadian coins per rider for the bus. The exchange rate for me was $1 Canadian for every $.87 US, but fees
boost it about $.95

Message me if you need more info, and look here for my trip report soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/15 07:04 by WrongWayMurphy.

Date: 01/24/15 07:32
Author: 2839Canadian

This is very helpful--thanks!

Date: 01/24/15 09:12
Author: reindeerflame

Rail to the Toronto Airport is under construction but not ready yet. It will be expensive to ride, catering to business and single travelers.

Date: 01/24/15 21:25
Author: chakk

I did this underground metro plus Rocket bus from Toronto Union station to Pearson Airport a year ago after my #2 arrived Toronto 8 hours late. Missed my 6 PM flight back to San Francisco, but was able to substitute a later flight to LAX, and a flight the next morning to SFO.

Date: 01/27/15 06:05
Author: DrawingroomA

Although I have used the airport bus to or from Kipling subway station many times, it can be very uncomfortable if you - or other passengers - are travelling with any significant luggage. With only one exception, every bus I have travelled on has had only a tiny space for luggage - just two suitcases. The aisles can be jammed with large cases and it may be necessary to stand squashed between people and suitcases. I use this bus only when travelling alone and light, so I can put my modest bag on my lap. When going on holiday with my wife we take a flat-rate taxi or limo service.

A flat-rate airport taxi costs $53 to or from downtown. A limo service (not much difference from an airport taxi) costs $58. The express bus service operated by Pacific Western was discontinued last October.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.2251 seconds