Home Open Account Help 256 users online

Canadian Railroads > The Canadian arriving Toronto

Date: 01/24/15 12:51
The Canadian arriving Toronto
Author: DrawingroomA

There has been some interest on this forum as to the arrival status of the Canadian in Toronto and also the positioning of sleeping cars.

The arrival of #2 on Tuesday 20th Jan. was posted as 17:30 (eight hours late).

Number 2 for today, 24th Jan., arrived at 14:23 (just under five hours late). The marshalling order of equipment, not counting the five deadhead cars and baggage car:
coach, Skyline, Manor sleeper 24, 23, diner, 20, 21, 22, 39 (Park car).

Date: 01/25/15 10:04
Re: The Canadian arriving Toronto
Author: sums007

Thanks for the line up! It appears I'll be right next to the dining car.

I'm arriving Toronto in June, and am continuing on to Montreal with a 2-hour connection at Toronto. What happens to sleeping car passengers in Toronto if the last train to Montreal has departed? Are we on our own?

Date: 01/26/15 05:49
Re: The Canadian arriving Toronto
Author: DrawingroomA

sums007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for the line up! It appears I'll be right
> next to the dining car.
>
> I'm arriving Toronto in June, and am continuing on
> to Montreal with a 2-hour connection at Toronto.
> What happens to sleeping car passengers in Toronto
> if the last train to Montreal has departed? Are
> we on our own?

The order of sleeping cars can be different in peak season because there are usually 10 or more sleepers and two dining cars. Sleepers #23, 24, etc. can be well forward. The only consistency in numbering is sleepers 20, 21, 22 between the last diner and the Park car.

If you miss the last train to Montreal (or anywhere) VIA may try to put you on a bus. This could be a chartered bus, depending on how many passengers missed connections, and it could end up in Montreal well past midnight. They could also pay for your hotel and re-book you on one of the next day's trains. Twice when I have arrived in Toronto very late I heard from the service manager that the hotels had already been booked for the connecting passengers. One way or another you will be looked after. I know people who have refused a long-haul bus trip and successfully insisted on being put up in a hotel.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0398 seconds