Home Open Account Help 280 users online

Canadian Railroads > Tagging Cars...for TO'er spdaylight!

Date: 01/24/15 15:03
Tagging Cars...for TO'er spdaylight!
Author: Train611

Hello to all...
In a recent post TO'er spdaylight commented on tagging cars...especially the Saskatchewan cars.

These were in the train of a personal post a couple of days ago.

1. CP625500 looks very clean, great looking cars by the way!

2. A few cars later comes SKPX625326...really!

One has to wonder how tight any security would be that would allow the time to do this "paint job".
If a company or elevator outfit allows this while the car is on their site...shame on them.

In my effort to take photos of trains I respect the private property rules, and am sure if I were on a rail property for any more than 5 minutes, without permission,
the "boys" would be there with their FINE books out.

There is a lot of tagging going on, in my books it is a shame, and trespassing for sure.

Rant is over...out!

Date: 01/25/15 17:10
Re: Tagging Cars...for TO'er spdaylight!
Author: spdaylight

Russ

They must have done that one with drone!! I'd like to tag them . . head to toe!

Craig

Date: 01/26/15 07:20
Re: Tagging Cars...for TO'er spdaylight!
Author: crs1026

Some of those cars spend long enough in isolated prairie sidings to be quite available to serious taggers.

If you are an afficionado of these 'artworks', google 'Young Jarus' or check his page on Facebook. Many of the Saskatchewan jobs seem to be attributable to his efforts, and he seems to have semi-official approval, at least away from the tracks.

Not trying to rekindle a recurring TO flamefest - but while I would never counsel anyone to deface someone else's property, the law is certainly changing with respect to urban art.

The Weston Sub project in Toronto actually recruited taggers to (with permission) cover existing and new concrete abutments with street art. Proponents had to submit their plans in advance, and they had to observe all industrial safety requirements. It was amusing to see these guys going about their work in hard hats, safety goggles, and work boots, on safety-inspected scaffolds.

I guess the theory was that other less talented taggers (who take only hours to cover newly-poured concrete, it seems) would respect the artists' efforts, and not put their ugly scribbles over top, but that isn't always the case unfortunately. The new tunnels have already been tagged, and some of the better art can't be photographed without some serious trespassing unfortunately.

- Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/15 07:28 by crs1026.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0531 seconds