Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Canadian Railroads > Canadians Around 'KC'

Date: 02/26/15 23:05
Canadians Around 'KC'
Author: CP_M260

Hi,

I don't normally post on the Canadian Board, living in the Kansas City metro area, but I thought I would share a few of my photos of some CN locomotives that 'migrated' to rails around Kansas City in both Missouri & Kansas. (If this post doesn't fit with the Canadian Board, I can remove it).

Hope you enjoy the views!

1. NS train 398-19 (North Kansas City, MO - Decatur, IL) rounds the bend past the US HWY 65 Jct sign at Carrollton, MO - 1/19/14
2. BNSF train G BWKJOE5 26A (Grain - Brunswick, MO - Joel, TX) rolls through the small town of Edgerton, KS behind BCOL C44-9W 4650 - 10/26/14
3. UP train AFXAS01 (Autos - Fairfax, KS - Gateway Yard, IL [A&S Ry]) rolls past the co-op elevator at Levasy, MO with a pair of CN EMDs - 11/01/14

Date: 02/26/15 23:09
Re: Canadians Around 'KC'

4. UP train AASFX21 (Autos - Gateway Yard, IL - Fairfax, KS) prepares to roll under Missouri Highway 7 at Pleasant Hill, MO with a rainbow consist including a BCOL C40-8M - 1/21/15
5. Two days later, the same BCOL unit returned East on UP train AFXESR23 (Autos - Fairfax, KS - E. St. Louis, IL - Reposition) seen here at Levasy, MO - 1/23/15

As a side note, BCOL 4609 pictured in the last two photos is still on the UP system, and is currently at Herrington, KS - a wee bit from 'home'.

Thanks for looking,
-Dalton

Date: 02/27/15 01:18
Author: LKeithR

Damn straight this is OK on the Cdn board--we like to know where our "babies' are.

You even got a BCOL leader--that doesn't happen very often, even up here.

Looks like ya got some nice weather down there, too...

Keith Robertson
Langley, BC

Date: 02/27/15 02:55
Author: hoggerdoug

OKAY on this board. Last two images, what were the BCOL numbers?? Thanks, Doug

Date: 02/27/15 03:35
Author: kgmontreal

Good shots.

KG

Date: 02/27/15 05:24
Author: oklachaser

Great photos Dalton.

Ronda Thomas

Date: 02/27/15 07:52

hoggerdoug Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OKAY on this board. Last two images, what were
> the BCOL numbers?? Thanks, Doug

BCOL 4609.

-Dalton

Date: 02/27/15 12:04
Author: zfan

Great pics!

Date: 02/27/15 12:25
Author: Train611

It seems we can expect visitors from any roads...anywhere!

Nice photos, keep them coming!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 02/28/15 00:39
Author: rschonfelder

Great shots. We'll just say it is "reverse Manifest Destiny". The more the merrier on the Canadian Board - sometimes there is even some Australian input tolerated. :)

CN runs from Prince Rupert and Hay Point (you chose) all the way to the Gulf so any Meriken input would be welcome I am sure. Great weather you're having there in KC too. Before you know it the bats will be cracking.

Rick

Date: 02/28/15 21:33
Author: JGFuller

Interesting to contemplate if such pooling will continue after PTC implemented in US. At the least, it would seem to preclude Canadian leaders.

And one can see why whatever PTC system is finally implemented, that it must be compatible for all roads.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0415 seconds