Home Open Account Help 272 users online

Canadian Railroads > Heads Up, Union Pacific executive train in Canada, maybe.

Date: 03/29/15 06:31
Heads Up, Union Pacific executive train in Canada, maybe.
Author: hawkinsun

Good Morning Canadians,   At 05:30 this morning I got a single Toot on the horn of a UPRR executive passenger train, headed Northbound, at Vay, Idaho, on UPs Spokane International track to Eastport.  That's at MP56.5 from Spokane,  Washington.  I had gotten a heads up alert about two weeks ago that the train was coming, but hoped it wouldn't show up in the dark .  It did, and I was still sleeping, so I don't know what it had for power, or the number of cars.  The UP conductor that told me about it, said it was supposed to enter your country to have a look see about the routes of the CP grain trains that travel down here from your country.  Sounds like a vacation to me.  Since I couldn't see anymore of the train than a few fleeting windows of the last cars, I'm hoping some railfan on this forum can get some good Photos of it and post them on here.  Knowing UP, the power on this train will more than likely be sporting some of their newest, cleanest, locomotives.  I can't even guess at the route it will take up there.  You guys know more about that than me.
So please wake up and get out there with your cameras, and watch for YELLOW.  If anyone else could post along it's route, that would be interesting.  I don't know if it will return this way, or reenter the USA at another location.  If you guys know it's coming back this way, or a different way, please post it in both the Canadian and Western Railroad Trainorders.  Hoping for some great photos from up there.

Thanks, hawkinsun  Vay, Idaho USA 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0345 seconds