Home Open Account Help 377 users online

Canadian Railroads > No End to the Snow

Date: 03/29/15 17:08
No End to the Snow
Author: cn6218

Winter just didn't get the memo down here in Nova Scotia.  I don't know how Doug did up in the Valley, but the Halifax area got close to another foot dumped on us Saturday night.  I was working across the harbour in Dartmouth, and was almost stranded there.  If three guys wandering home from a bar hadn't given me a push out of the parking lot in return for a ride the rest of the way, I might still be there!

Not sure if it was the snow here, or something else that delayed 120, but it was almost 12:30 by the time they were cruising through the Windsor Jct. interlocking.  "Scheduled" time of arrival in Rockingham is 10:30, but they can sometimes be hours earlier than that.

With a 12 noon departure from the Halifax station, VIA's Ocean should be at the junction by 12:30, but with the double track to the junction now gone, they had to wait at Millview (7 miles to the east) for 120 to get out of the way.  The other possible location for the meet would be Kinsac (5 miles to the west), but the RTCs seem to prefer to stab VIA, in the belief that they can always make up the time later.  VIA 15 was through Bedford Quarry on the single track, just after 13:00.

GTD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/15 17:52 by cn6218.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 03/29/15 17:25
Re: No End to the Snow
Author: FJ

Nice captions.  Like I previously mentioned, I lived in Nova-Scotia (1987-1994) and we never had that much snow.  The Maritimes are getting pounded pretty good this year.

Frank

Date: 03/31/15 12:36
Re: No End to the Snow
Author: sums007

Thanks.  And what is that car just ahead of the Park car?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0471 seconds