Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Canadian Railroads > British Columbia Railway, 35 Years Ago, 2860

Date: 04/23/15 19:09
British Columbia Railway, 35 Years Ago, 2860
Author: FiveChime

Another factor of great interest there and then was the Royal Hudson that made the almost daily run between North Vancouver and
Squamish during the Summer months.

Regards, Jim Evans

Date: 04/24/15 07:32
Re: British Columbia Railway, 35 Years Ago, 2860
Author: YG

Nice!

Steve Mitchell
http://www.yardgoatimages.com

Date: 04/24/15 07:54
Author: spdaylight

The trees on either side of the tracks in photos 1 & 2 are now grown to the extent they are a canopy over the tracks in this location . . . thanks for the 'post from the past'

Craig
http://mcmrailvideos.com/

Date: 04/24/15 13:56
Author: Helo-Mech

Thanks for posting Jim, these bring back some great childhood memories. I would keep an eye out for trains there every car trip I ever went on to Squamish. At least once, my mom and I spotted the Hudson just as it would have appeared in photo one. She was thoughtful enough to turn the car around and park at that crossing so I could watch the train go by.  My Grandma would take me for walks from her house down to the south Government St. crossing at the Squamish yard to watch the yard engine shunt strings of Dogwood scheme combo door boxcars. I wonder if they knew they were developing the railfan in me at that point. Later on in my teens, I would always listen for trains during visits to my grandparents house and rush down to the tracks to watch them go by.

Now with my own son (since he was 1 -1/2 yrs. old), we'll head down to the Port Subdivision not far from home to watch trains there. Only time will tell if his interest stays as strong as mine.

Mike N. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0374 seconds