Home Open Account Help 355 users online

Canadian Railroads > Ontario Southland FP9s

Date: 04/27/15 16:45
Ontario Southland FP9s
Author: chatnoir

Yesterday, the OSR put together a matched set with 1400 and 1401 on the Woodstock job.

1) Leaving the shop at Salford, the pair head north to Ingersol.  From there it's on to Putnam for a lift.

2) With first gen diesels hauling a string of covered hoppers on a branch line with jointed rail and a big sky backdrop, you'd be forgiven for thinking I was out on the great Canadian prairie somewhere.  Returning from Putnam.

3) Backing into the Cami plant at Ingersoll to lift some autoracks for Woodstock.

James Adeney
Toronto

Date: 04/27/15 16:49
Re: Ontario Southland FP9s
Author: kgmontreal

Good shots.  Nothing like a little sunshine.

KG

Date: 04/27/15 19:39
Author: FJ

Interesting. I remember when those locomotives where assigned to the Lakeland & Waterways Ry (Alberta) in the late 90's. Here's the pair leaving Cold Lake for Edmonton with an empty fuel train.  Jet fuel to 4 Wing Cold Lake came by train in those days.   A photo scan since I don't have a slide scanner. Not the best shot, but you have the idea. 

Frank

Date: 04/28/15 08:53
Author: The_Chief_Way

"Please letter me" is what those F's are screaming for.........
some simple stick-on lettering would go a long ways...........
just my opinion which isn't worth anything.

Date: 04/28/15 13:58
Author: toledopatch

The_Chief_Way Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Please letter me" is what those F's are screaming
> for.........
> some simple stick-on lettering would go a long
> ways...........
> just my opinion which isn't worth anything.

+1

Date: 05/03/15 03:33
Author: TheCurator

It'll certainly be interesting to see what the eventual paint scheme for these two classics will look like, considering other OSR diesels' livery have a definite link to the TH&B.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0461 seconds