Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Canadian Railroads > Proximity...

Date: 05/16/15 18:23
Proximity...
Author: FJ

A local farmer stopped for CN 321 racing westward at Coteau Qc.   CN 529 and 323  are rolling through St-Jean Qc today.  

Frank

Date: 05/16/15 23:45
Re: Proximity...
Author: brighteyes

Nice shots!  I really have to wonder though if the horn is so loud the farmer has to plug his ears considering the old tractor he is riding.  And gosh is that house (or whatever) close to trackside!

Date: 05/17/15 06:08
Author: nsscot

considering how many power meters are on the wall has to be apts or small condos

Don

Date: 05/17/15 08:27
Author: Train611

Close is right!!!

How many trans per day or week past that point?

Excellent photos!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/17/15 11:34
Author: Torisgod

The "ATTENTION 2 TRAINS" sign reminds me of a sign that they have on all double-track train crossings in France: "Un Train Peut Cacher Un Autre" (One Train Can Hide Another). It's such a great statement that I have a (legally acquired) "Un Train Peut Cacher Un Autre" sign on my wall.

Tor in Eugene

Date: 05/17/15 21:05
Author: FJ

That old house has been converted into apartments over the years.  At  the Royal Military College nearby,  there are several photos of troops trains with that house  in the background  taken during World War I.  The old Grand Trunk station is behind it. Troops marched from `` the Fort`` to the station.  There are seven trains per day on that line.  Two Amtrak ,  323/324 528/529 and 522 a roadswitcher.   Thanks.

Frank

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0333 seconds