Home Open Account Help 384 users online

Canadian Railroads > A Victoria Day Treat

Date: 05/18/15 18:44
A Victoria Day Treat
Author: cn6218

Today turned out to be about as good as it gets around here as far as trains, weather, and a day off from work are concerned.

The highlight of the day was probably 2436 (with 8962 and 5488) leading 120, shown here descending the hill towards Truro at Belmont East.  Once the power arrived in Halifax, the roundhouse crew fueled the units, turned the GE around (Fairview still has a mostly operational turntable, even if the roundhouse itself is gone), and stuck it on the west end of the consist to lead 121 tonight.  121 even got away well before dark, but that shot (and others from today) will have to wait until later in the week once I wade through all these images.

GTD

Date: 05/18/15 18:59
Re: A Victoria Day Treat
Author: Mberry

Nice shot. Any clue why they would turn the power? Maybe the crew didn't want a standard cab SD60 leading....

Michael

Date: 05/19/15 00:23
Author: rschonfelder

Don't you guys realise it is MAY!  Where are the leafs on your trees?????  Winter is officially over once the last Canadian team has played their last game, so,  .... IT's OVER!

Rick

Date: 05/19/15 12:19
Author: nsscot

what was the removed turnout  and  siding going to?

Don

Date: 05/20/15 09:21
Author: andrewcastle

As usual great stuff Mr. GTD!

Don, the switch used to lead into a NS Power yard and transformer station. Here are a few pictures I took in 2007. I have no idea when the switch was pulled up, perhaps when they pulled up the second track in the early 2000s?

Andrew C

Date: 05/20/15 12:46
Author: nsscot

Thanks Andrew never knew that was there.

Don

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0419 seconds