Home Open Account Help 310 users online

Canadian Railroads > GP20C-ECO's on the Expressway again

Date: 06/24/15 06:42
GP20C-ECO's on the Expressway again
Author: Mberry

Last night I shot CP 133 (the Expressway) at Dorval with an all-EMD lashup which consisted of an SD40-2 sandwiched by two much newer GP20C-ECO's (CP 2276, CP 5935 & CP 2250). He was heading west in the siding (much to my chagrin) as an eastbound had passed on the north track about 20 minutes ealier, I believe CP 118 (second and third shots).

Michael Berry

Date: 06/24/15 07:40
Re: GP20C-ECO's on the Expressway again
Author: sooman1

Expressway into the siding?.. so much for being the hotest train on the railroad.. I guess they are living up to their motto.. "Delevering Yesterdays Freight Tomorrow" !!!!!...

Oh yea.. you cannot use hot and CPR in the same sentence...

bob in Smiths Falls

Date: 06/24/15 07:48
Author: Mberry

sooman1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>  Expressway into the siding?.. so much for being
> the hotest train on the railroad.. I guess they
> are living up to their motto.. "Delevering
> Yesterdays Freight Tomorrow" !!!!!...
>
> Oh yea.. you cannot use hot and CPR in the same
> sentence...
>
> bob in Smiths Falls

I may not have been clear, but he was not delayed and had a straight shot. The Vaudreuil sub is 3 tracks to Dorval and then narrows to two. He was on the third track (I believe it's considered a siding) and crossed over to the north track just west of me.

Date: 06/24/15 07:53
Author: sooman1

Thanks for the clarification...

bob

Date: 06/25/15 03:32
Author: Finderskeepers

In channel 8 those ECOs are extremely loud in the cab, conversation between crew members becomes a shouting match. The only good thing I can say about them is that they have good air conditioning!

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0341 seconds