Home Open Account Help 237 users online

Canadian Railroads > Vancouver, BC, hotels

Date: 06/29/15 17:15
Vancouver, BC, hotels
Author: ATSF2324

any suggestions for a hotel near the train station in Vancouver?  Coming in on Amtrak from Seattle.

Thanks,

Gus

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/15 17:30 by spmt19.

Date: 06/30/15 03:44
Re: Vancouver, BC, hotels
Author: andersonb109

The station isn't in the best part of town. However there is a Skytrain station right across the street that will take you to the city center.  I normally stay at the Fairmont Waterfront which is adjacent to the end of the Skytrain line, and the Canada Line to the aiport. If you want something less pricy, I've used the Sandman Inn next to Rodgers Arena and yet another Skytrain station.

Date: 06/30/15 07:20
Author: stuporchief

A group of us also recently stayed at the Sandman ... a nice place at a reasonable price.

Date: 07/01/15 23:08
Author: railsmith

andersonb109 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you want
> something less pricy, I've used the Sandman Inn
> next to Rodgers Arena and yet another Skytrain
> station.

The SkyTrain stop adjacent to the VIA Station is named Main Street-Science World. The stop near the Sandman is the next one to the west, named Stadium-Chinatown. The ride takes two minutes.

Date: 07/02/15 05:50
Author: eminence_grise

The Sandman is OK unless the is an event at the Rogers Arena.  It can be very noisy depending on the type of event taking place. Sandman is a BC chain whose quality can differ from location to location, depending on local management.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0348 seconds