Home Open Account Help 360 users online

Canadian Railroads > Class lights lit = check

Date: 06/30/15 12:08
Class lights lit = check
Author: Mberry

CN 720 had a nice zebra striped cowl leading (CN 2404) with its green class lights lit as it passed through the VIA Dorval station late this morning. Trailing were CN 8918 & CN 2298. CN 720 is a crude oil train bound for Rivière-des-Prairies in east end Montreal. I had about 5 seconds to run in place and shoot this guy after parking, it was a close call!

Right behind him was VIA 32, seen stopped at Dorval in the second shot and leaving in the third.

Michael Berry

Date: 06/30/15 12:18
Re: Class lights lit = check
Author: tomstp

Were those class lights on per rules ?  I thought Canadian roads no longer used them.

Date: 06/30/15 12:40
Author: kgmontreal

More likely on by mistake.

KG

Date: 06/30/15 12:50
Author: hoggerdoug

Most likely the Engineer confused the switch for the class light with the switch for the air conditioner, very similar.   On some of the BC Rail units the class light and heater fan switches were side by side, one chilly night I "adjusted the heat" and was still cold a few minutes later and eventually wondered what the "green aurora" was out the front of the unit. DUH!!
  Doug

Date: 07/01/15 04:11
Author: JPB

So there was no second section of the crude oil train? ;-)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0347 seconds