Home Open Account Help 398 users online

Canadian Railroads > Cranbrook BC

Date: 07/21/15 22:53
Cranbrook BC
Author: Train611

HI,

If you get the chance to get to Cranbrook BC, it is a neat community of 20 - 22,000. 
There is a Railway Transportation Museum with some special artifacts, and refurbished passenger cars.
You can also see coal trains, manifest freights, many with UP and CP powwer.
1. Railway Museum, with a spectacular main hall.
2. A string of preserved and project heavy weight passenger cars; most with great interiors.
3. A tremendous volunteer project spearheaded by the Cranbrook Rotary Club. Two FA units completely repainted...just a great paint scheme in my opinion.

Lots to do, great photo locations 25 miles in north, south and east.

Prestige Inn..an excellent hotel, beside the tracks (with a two suite heritage passenger car)

Have fun,

Date: 07/22/15 20:27
Re: Cranbrook BC
Author: tq-07fan

I spent a weekend (well half a Saturday and a whole Sunday was our weekend on that part of CP Rail while on Sperry). I remember that I liked Cranbrook. I also remember a lot of people from the US came there to buy various drugs and pharmaceuticals that were not available in the US at the time. I called home and asked if anyone had tried out Clairitin because of how well it worked and even mailed some home. My mom found out that although it was an over the counter drug in Canada it was still a prescription drug in the US at that time. I guess that went off topic but it stirred up an odd memory of working in Canada.

We tied up the Sperry car in a track near the museum. We looked at some of the stuff outside but either it was not open or we just didn't spend the time to see it.

Jim

Date: 07/23/15 22:54
Re: Cranbrook BC
Author: upbuddyboy

Loved the maroon and grey
 Brian

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0321 seconds